* To help students develop self-understanding and self-awareness.
* To build self-confidence and self-esteem.
* To encourage students to recognize, understand and work through learning difficulties.
* To help students better adjust to school and home environments.
* To teach students decision-making and problem-solving skills.
* To help students learn how to manage their emotions in a healthy manner.
School counseling is meant to be short term (6-8 sessions or less) and solution focused. Any needs that require counseling for longer than 6-8 sessions will be referred to an outside counseling agency.