* To help students develop self-understanding and self-awareness
* To build self-confidence and self-esteem
* To encourage students to recognize, understand and work through learning difficulties
* To help students better adjust to school and home environments
* To teach students' decision making and problem solving skills
School counseling is meant to be short term (6-8 sessions or less) and solution focused. Any needs that require counseling for longer than 6-8 sessions may be referred to an outside counseling agency.