SBCS GUEST WIFI POLICY
The goals of this policy are to outline appropriate and inappropriate use of SBCS’s guest WIFI, including the use of browsers, email and instant messaging, file uploads and downloads, and media streaming (voice and video). Use of these services is subject to the following conditions.
This network is the property of SBCS and may be accessed only by authorized guests.
Unauthorized use of this network is strictly prohibited and subject to criminal prosecution.
The data you send and receive over this network is not encrypted and may be viewed or intercepted by others. Use this network at your own risk. Privacy and security safeguards are the user’s responsibility; this network does not provide any. SBCS does not warrant or represent that this service will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. Users should be aware that there are security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and technology.
SBCS may monitor any activity or retrieve any information transmitted through this network, to ensure compliance with SBCS policy, and with federal, state and local law. By accessing and using this network, you are consenting to such monitoring and information retrieval by SBCS. Users should have no general expectation of privacy or confidentiality when using this network.
SBCS guest WIFI facilities may not be used for any of the following at any time:
· Any activities which violate local, state, or federal statutes are prohibited.
· “Cracking/Hacking” Example: Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account on SBCS systems or The Internet at large is strictly forbidden.
· “Denial of service” attacks of any kind are forbidden. Use of SBCS systems or networks (willfully or negligently) in a manner that encumbers disk space, processors, bandwidth, or other system resources so as to interfere with others’ normal use of services on SBCS, or any other systems or networks is prohibited. Attempting to knock a server off-line, slow down our connection, or knock any other user offline is prohibited.
· Dissemination of spam and/or viruses, whether knowingly or as the result of a worm or virus on your computer, is prohibited. Attempting to send any virus or malicious material including any type of “Out of Band” packet to any other Internet user is prohibited.
· Spamming is prohibited. Example: Sending unsolicited mass mailings of any nature, including those with an “opt-out option” for continuation. The opt-out option is inviting those who do not wish to receive more email to reply to you.
· Mail-bombing is prohibited. Example: Sending a large number of email messages, or singularly large email messages, to a single address in order to flood someone’s mailbox.
· Forging any email header to obscure the originator of the message.
· Creating or participating in pyramid schemes or chain letters.
· Sending any type of harassing email, either by language, size, or frequency. This includes sending email or instant messages to any person who has asked explicitly that you do not.
· The posting of pornographic or otherwise indecent or offending materials. SBCS is the sole arbiter of what constitutes “indecent” or “offending.”
· Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked logos, phrases or names.
· Distribution of any software or materials in violation of any copyrights or distribution licenses. (MP3s/Warez/torrents/etc.).
· The posting of slanderous or defamatory materials or articles.
· Distribution of any material which violates local, state, or federal statutes.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
Violations of this policy will be treated like other allegations of wrongdoing at SBCS. Allegations of misconduct will be adjudicated according to established procedures. Sanctions for inappropriate use of the guest WIFI may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
· Temporary or permanent revocation of access to some or all computing and networking resources and facilities.
· Disciplinary action according to applicable SBCS policies; and/or
· Legal action according to applicable laws and contractual agreements.
MONITORING AND FILTERING
SBCS may monitor any Internet activity occurring on SBCS equipment or accounts. If SBCS discovers activities which do not comply with applicable law or organizational policy, records retrieved may be used to document the wrongful content in accordance with due process.
SBCS assumes no liability for any direct or indirect damages arising from the user’s connection to the guest WIFI. SBCS is not responsible for the accuracy of information found on the Internet and only facilitates the accessing and dissemination of information through its systems. Users are solely responsible for any material that they access and disseminate through the Internet. We encourage you to use your guest WIFI access responsibly.
By logging on, I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the Guest Wireless Policy of SBCS. I agree to abide by these policies. I understand that if I violate such rules, I may face legal or disciplinary action according to applicable law or organizational policy. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold SBCS and its officers, trustees, employees, and agents harmless for any loss, damage, expense or liability resulting from any claim, action or demand arising out of or related to the user’s use of SBCS-owned network, including reasonable attorney fees. Such claims shall include, without limitation, those based on trademark or service mark infringement, trade name infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, defamation, unlawful discrimination or harassment, and invasion of privacy.