- South Buffalo Charter School
Monthly Newsletter: August
Happening this month…Rules and Procedures
This month we will be reviewing rules, procedures, and expectations. The aim of our program is to allow each student to explore the world of sport and recreational activities. Our goal is to instill a healthy and active lifestyle in all students. We want to show students that no matter what their interests are, there is always a way to stay active and be healthy. We choose a variety of different units throughout the year to promote participation, teamwork, healthy lifestyles, sportsmanship, and cooperation. Below are the rules and procedures we reviewed with the students in class this week.
- Must have appropriate sneakers to participate in physical activity and receive full credit
- Shoes must be an appropriate size
- Shoes must be tightly tied on top of sneaker
- Shoes cannot go above the ankle (no knee high sneakers)
- Shoes must be flat (no high heel)
- It is at the physical education teacher’s discretion if footwear is safe and appropriate for physical education (rubber bottom shoes with little to no heel). If the teacher feels the footwear is appropriate, students will participate and earn half credit for the day.
- When entering the gymnasium, I will walk directly to my spot
- When sitting on my spot, I will sit quietly facing the front of the gym with my hands in my lap.
- If I have a question, I will raise my hand. I will not walk up to the teacher.
- When the teacher is talking, I will not talk.
- If I hear the whistle, music stopped, or the words “give me five”, I will stop, look and listen.
- If we are using equipment, I will use it the way it was intended to be used and only touch the equipment when told to.
- I will follow all rules, especially safety rules, to ensure my classmates and I are able to participate safely.
- I will treat my classmates and teachers with respect.
- At the end of class, I will walk directly to my spot and sit down with my dress shirt tucked in.
- If my class is outside, I will follow all directions.
- I will always try my best and have fun!
- If I am hurt in class, I will immediately tell my physical education teacher. I will not wait to tell another adult.
- If I am unable to participate one or two days in physical education, I will bring a parent note to excuse me for that day’s physical education.
- If I am unable to participate in 3 or more physical education classes, I will bring a note from the doctor to excuse me from physical education.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email your child’s physical education teacher at the following emails,
Kelli Grazen- firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Buczek- email@example.com
Kevin Helfer- firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Giunta- email@example.com