Rubric 2022 2023
- Has appropriate athletic attire; sneakers or shoes with rubber bottoms (boots are not allowed!)
- Practice tasks that the teacher specified.
- Actively participates and is engaged in all activities.
- Gives their best performance.
- Stays on task and follows directions.
- Asks/answers questions that are relevant to the learning objectives.
- Works hard and demonstrates the correct form when performing a skill.
3. Responsible Behavior
- Is in control of their body during physical activity
- Uses appropriate language.
- Respects personal spaces (keeps hands to themselves.)
- Uses equipment and moves throughout space in a safe and controlled manner.
- Follows behavior expectations, directions, and rules of the activity.
- Works hard to problem solve, set goals, and support the team/classmates.
- Encourages fair play by others.
- Demonstrates leadership and works well with others.
- Compromises and collaborates to resolve conflicts.
- Is respectful during group discussions and when others share ideas.
- Plays an active role and encourages classmates during skills and group activities.
- Contributes to a safe, kind, and supportive learning environment.
5. Understanding and Applying Concepts
- Answers questions about a skill/activity during instruction or during closure.
- Provides peers with positive and corrective feedback (accountable talk.)
- Moves in relation and with an understanding of strategy as it relates to a specific activity.